Thursday 17 May 2012

Updated L'oreal infallible foundation Review

Hia ladies so today I am going to review the L'oreal infallible foundation. First off I just wanted to let you know that their are two L'oreal infallible foundations. One with a pump and one with a brush which you twist to get the product out from the brush. Also the shades between the two infallible foundations vary so if you are currently using one and want to try the other make sure you swatch it as when I was buying mine I noticed that the one with the brush in 15 poreclain was a good shade darker than the one with the pump in shade 15 porcelain. Also the one with the brush I believe has 24hr lasting power and the one with the pump has 16hr lasting power. Anyway onto the review!


Colour/Coverage:
For those of you ladies with super pale skin like me you will love this foundation. Its by far the palest foundation I have ever found in the Drugstore/Chemist that wasn't too pink. I found the coverage to be on the medium side but it is buildable.

Skin Types/SPF:
L'oreal suggest that this foundation is for all skin types. I can only speak for myself and I have dry skin. This worked ok for me. It didn't cling to my dry patches however it does make my pores stand out. This foundation also has an SPF of 15 so beware of that if your getting your pictures taking or you may get that white cast look

Application:
I found this foundation easy to blend for the most part but if you need to add coverage on certain areas I would suggest dabbing it on with a flat top kabuki as it tends to wipe off the layer underneath otherwise.

Finish:
I found this to have a semi Matt finish it left a little bit of a dewy look to the skin but nothing to worry about if you have oily skin I think if you set it with a powder it would be fine. The only thing I really dislike about the finish of this foundation is that it made my pores super noticeable.

Does it last up to 16hrs?
I certainly wouldn't say this would last 16 hrs unless you can spend hours not touching your face or eating. It transfers terribly and that's even after I set it with powder. Once you touch your face it moves. Which is really annoying! It also transfers on to clothes so I would go hugging anybody LOL.

Would I recommend this foundation:
Personally I wouldn't recommend this foundation at all. The first time I applied it I thought it was nice but I had only used it at night just to go to the cinema, then I decided one day to wear it during the day and my pores looked terrible. It transferred onto my fiances clothes when I hugged him (he was impressed lol).

How much does it cost and where can I get it?
You can get this foundation in any boots and most chemists it costs 18 euro and 19 cent.

Pictures below:





Thanks for reading and please feel free to leave any questions you have as a comment or tweet me at @martina_moylan have a good day :) xxx


2 comments:

  1. I actually have this foundation, and was completely unimpressed with it. To me it was almost dry feeling despite that it's a liquid, I don't know I wouldn't buy it again.
    http://cherizangelandstyleluvin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun, I have updated my review as my first review was based on one application at night. Usually I test things out for a good 2 weeks before I do a review but that night I was so impressed that I did a review little did I know that was only because the lighten was bad. I hated the look of it when I tried it during the day. It made my pores look huge! :( x

      Delete