Tuesday 24 April 2012

Esteé Lauder double wear foundation Review

Estee Lauder double wear foundation Review:



Product review:


Coverage:
I would say the coverage of this foundation is medium to full coverage, depending on how you apply it. I apply it with my elf studio powder brush and I get full coverage results. If applied with a damp sponge you can sheer it out to a more medium coverage.


Packaging:
The foundation comes in a small frosted glass bottle with a gold metal lid. I actually like the packaging of this but be careful not to drop in on tiles because the glass is quite thick and it could crack tiles. Its happened to me lol.


Price:
This foundation costs €34 it is a little bit pricey but worth the money in my opinion.

Smell:
This foundation does have a strong smell it smells like MAC foundations. But the smell doesnt stay on your face once applied.


Does it transfer?
No I havent found this to transfer or rub on to my clothes like with most foundations if  I am putting on a jumper and have my makeup already on it transfers with this foundation I dont get that.


Is it long lasting?
Yes this foundation is extremely longlasting it doesnt budge even when your sweating.


What skin types do you recommend this for?
I would recommend this foundation for oily/combination skin types. If you have very dry skin I wouldn't try this as I have dry/comination skin and sometimes I find if I am drier than usual it clings to those patches.I just moisturize with a thick moisturizer and it's fine. If your very dry I wouldnt recommend this as it will set into those dry patches.


What finish does it leave on the skin:
This foundation leaves a matt finish to the skin but not super matt there is still some sheen to it.


Colour range?
This foundation has a good colour range, I have mine in shade Shell. And sadly because I resemble Casper the friendly ghost it is a good two shades darker than my skin. But what I am trying to do is get my hands on Illamasqua's white foundation so I can lighten it along with other foundations that are too dark so maybe if you have the same problem you could try that.

Is it difficult to remove?
Yes but like all full coverage or medium long lasting foundations it is difficult to remove. I use a facial wipe to remove the biggest amount of it and then I wash my face using a face wash with some beads in it, so that it removes all the makeup the wipe pushed into the skin out of my pores.


Will it cause breakouts?
I have very sesitive skin and I havent noticed any breakouts. Although I find it does irritate under my eyes. So I just don't apply it there, I just use my Collection 2000 concealer. 


Will it cover acne/blemishes?
Yes it is perfect for covering acne and other problems on the skin.

What's it like to remove?
Due to the fact this is a long lasting foundation it is more difficult to remove completely. I just use a baby wipe to remove the most amount of product then I use a face wash with beads just to make sure it removes every trace from my skin. Or use a regular face wash with a muslin cloth.




Thank you for reading I hope this review was helpful and if you want to know anything else about this foundation feel free to leave a comment or tweet me or message me on youtube. Links are below:


twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Martina_Moylan

No comments:

Post a Comment